This is a just-for-fun stock market game. No (real) money involved.
Rules for the Serie A 2021/22 Stock Market Game
Players buy and sell stocks of the teams participating in the Serie A 2021/22, e.g. Juventus or Fiorentina. The player who is best at trading stocks when the price is right wins by owning the most valuable portfolio of stocks at the end of the game.
Stocks are traded in the Stock Market Game currency ₵ called "coin". The value of a stock at the end of the Serie A is determined by the results of the teams as shown below.
Final value of stocks
|final position||stock price|
Start of the game
At the start of the game, each player gets 300,000 ₵ or 300 k₵ in cash. A player can at any time purchase a set of stocks from the bank. The price for a set of 1 stock of each team is 6,950 ₵. Players can buy and sell individual stocks to other players by accepting or by placing orders.
If a player didn't trade at all, that player would finish with the initial 300 k₵. Skillful trading, that means predicting changes in stock prices earlier than other players, will raise the value of a player's portfolio.
Trading begins one week before the start of the first match. Players can at any time place trading orders or accept the best-priced orders placed by other players.
A trading order looks like this:
- Buy up to 50 stocks of Torino for 440 ₵ or less.
- Sell up to 40 stocks of Napoli for 315 ₵ or more.
An order may also have an expiry date, for example
- Buy up to 10 stocks of Fiorentina for 365 ₵ or less, and this order expires when Fiorentina's next game starts.
- Stocks are always traded at full coins ₵, there are no fractions of coins.
- Stocks are never split up into fractions of stocks.
- There are no transaction fees.
- Players can change or cancel open orders at any time.
- The minimum trading price is 100 ₵, the maximum price is 1,000 ₵. These limits are adjusted when it is certain that a stock will be worth more or less based on the Serie A table.
- If the final rank of a team is known, the value of its stock is paid out to the players owning the stocks. No further trading of that team is possible.
- Players cannot make debts, that means they cannot buy stocks if they don't have enough cash.
Players can, however, place orders whose total value exceeds their available cash.
The orders can be carried out when the player has enough cash, e.g. by selling other stocks.
- As mentioned above, players can purchase complete sets of stocks from the bank for the equivalent value in cash at any time. Initially, the equivalent value for a complete set of 20 stocks (1 of each team) is 6,950 ₵. After the final ranks of some teams are known, a complete set of stocks consists of less than 20 teams, and the equivalent value correspondingly is also less than 6,950 ₵. Players need to have at least 25,000 ₵ in cash to purchase a set of stocks. This rule prevents situations where a shortage of cash amongst all players brings trading to a halt.
- Players can also sell complete sets of stocks to the bank and get the equivalent value in cash. Players need to own stocks of every team whose final rank is not yet known in order to sell them to the bank.
- Players that regularly participate in the trading get a bonus of 400 ₵ per day. This bonus is paid at midnight GMT to players that participated in at least one transaction with other players or with the bank in the last 21 days. The bonus is only paid when there was a Serie A game in the last 7 days starting with round 2.
- The bank buys or sells a stock of a randomly chosen team to the best-priced order at irregular intervals. That encourages players to place orders and to overbid orders of other players.
- Players are listed in the ranking as soon as they have completed at least one trade with other players.
- Only one account per person is allowed.
- Cooperation of players is strictly forbidden. Cooperation is defined as any activity that transfers stocks or cash from one player to the other in a way that intentionally harms one player while the other one benefits. An example of cooperation is selling stocks at an artificially low price. If we see such cooperation, all affected players will be eliminated from the game.
- Be polite when you make a post in the forum.